ALKALI RESISTANT GLASS FIBER WITH HIGH ZIRCONIUM CONTENT
AR Glassfibres add strength and flexibility to the concrete resulting in a strong yet light-weight end product. The alkali resistance of Glassfibre depends principally on the content of Zirconia (ZrO2) in the glass.
- The AR glass is itself alkali resistant, It does not depend on any coating
- Fine individual filaments: a very large number of fibers are released when mixed in the concrete and the filament does not protrude from the surface and be invisible when the concrete surface weathers.
- Have a high tensile strength to withstand stresses during shrinkage.
- Have a high modulus of elasticity to absorb shrinkage stresses before the concrete cracks.
- Have a superior bond(mineral/mineral interface) with the concrete.
- Present no health hazards.
- AR glass fibers reinforce both plastic and hardened concrete.